This error usually occur when we develop in different type of CPU processor and OS. I've developed a web based application in windows server 2003 32-bit and then I moved them into a Windows server 2008 64-bit. And when I was running the application that execute a method from a 32-bit dll, it always shows that error message. After several hours working and searching in google, I found that there is special setting in IIS that allows application pool to execute 32-Bit applications.
So the solution steps are :
- Press ctrl + run. (to open Run)
- Type inetmgr then press enter ( to Open IIS)
- Expand the server name tree and you'll find Applications Pool.
- In the right side of the view, choose the application pool that your application using.
- And in the most right panel there is an Advanced Settings under the Edit Application Pool group.
- There'll appear an Advanced Settings dialog, and change the Enable 32-Bit Application value into True.
And It worked well for my problem... :)
and if you find my post is useful, please share a comment. :)
See you next time.