Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Ubuntu Troubleshoot: Ubuntu can't change display device brightness

After installing my Ubuntu 14.04 all control works fine except for the brightness controller. The brightness button on my keyboard is just fine and able to show the brightness level is changing, but the display brightness is not changing. To fix this I must add a new file named 20-intel.conf in the /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/ directory and enter the below configuration as the content .

Section "Device"
Identifier  "card0"
Driver      "intel"
Option      "Backlight"  "intel_backlight"
BusID       "PCI:0:2:0"EndSection

and now my brightness controller works as I expect.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Finally, C# 9 record, the equivalent of Scala's case class

While C# is a wonderful programming language, there is something that I would like to see to make our life programmer easier. If you are fam...